As a senior Android developer, you will be a key team member responsible for developing and maintaining our client's mobile apps running on Android. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Android and who can develop apps using the latest Android technologies and design principles. The app will use the SIP protocol for Voice over IP communications and will employ communication with our client's encrypted cell phone case. You will work with iOS developers, back-end API developers, and other software teams to develop new features and enhancements.
Candidates must have:
- A thorough understanding of object-oriented programming practices.
- 5+ years of experience of native Android development in Java.
- 5+ years of experience with Android including Android 6.0 (Marshmellow).
- Experience developing apps for both phones and tablets.
- Experience with Android Studio, Gradle, adb, and the NDK.
- Experience releasing apps on Google Play.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Strong experience with Scrum or similar development methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture.
- Independent, energetic, and capable of delivering results.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Experience with streaming audio/video, codecs, and SIP also a plus.
- Experience with PJSIP.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (at least S3)